Gilbert Newborn Photographer
Most people would probably argue that three months is well outside the “newborn” stage and they are probably right if you’re talking about the traditional and even medical sense of the word. But, I think I’m going to redefine the photographer definition so it includes up to three months because I LOVE taking pictures of babies at this stage of life. Yes, arguably more than squishy two week old newborns, though I love those sessions too!
5 Reasons to take newborn pictures when baby is three-months-old.
- Babies aren’t so fragile when they are three months old versus that period of time we tend to call “the fourth trimester.”
- Mama’s are more recovered three months postpartum vs making that very scary first trip out of the house with a two week old newborn… for pictures no less. Yeah… pass.
- Babies personalities start to show around this age, they open their eyes, make silly noises and funny faces, roll around on the floor (some of them), and can hold their little necks up for tummy time portraits, my personal favorite!
- They do special things that make you go “Awe!” like Baby J here, his mama wanted to make sure I got some pictures of him holding onto her hair because it’s something that he does frequently and she knows it will pass all too soon.
- They’ve started too look a bit more like themselves instead of just squished.
Honestly, as a Gilbert newborn photographer I totally understand wanting to capture those fleeting moments of the newborn phase, but I think if we stop there we are missing the equally fleeting and just as precious three month phase. There’s only one thing to do, BOTH.